Thursday, January 4, 2018

NOTD: Rich Girls & Po-Boys plus Peak Of Chic

Rob gave me these two polishes for a Christmas surprise (I think they came from Tuesday Morning):
This is Essie Peak Of Chic (from the Encrusted Treasures collection of a couple of years ago) and OPI Rich Girls & Po-Boys (from the New Orleans collection, of course). I tested them out, as you see, and decided they would look very nice together. This picture is after I had been wearing this for days and you can tell, but I did like the result.
I just tried to do a snowy effect - I put more on some nails and less on others. Peak Of Chic is actually a bar glitter, and I usually am not at all fond of bar glittter, but somehow on this one, it works. (I think it's a smaller bar, which probably helps.) I swatched it by itself, also, and over black:
Peak Of Chic is more successful as a top-coat, I think (and even then only as a holiday specialty thing - I can't see wearing it again any time soon). It looks alright by itself, but awfully textured. I don't like it at all over black.

I didn't swatch Rich Girls & Po-Boys by itself since you can see perfectly well what it looks like anyway - a nice blue creme. I think it's lighter than all those blue cremes I was comparing last summer, but maybe I'll do a comparison at some point to check.



3 comments:

  1. I used to find it nearly impossible to get glitter polish off my nails. I would have to scrape it off, which I can't imagine is good for my nails. What do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mostly avoid large glitters because I don't have the patience to deal with them. Small glitters aren't as bad, to me. When I took this mani off, I went over my nails with acetone on a cotton pad, and it took several passes. The blue polish and some of the glitter came off on the first pass; once all of that is gone, I kind of hold the saturated pad up against the glitter and let that dissolve it. I also have some stuff called Dip-It that I use on things that are especially stubborn - you get it at Target and it's their house brand (Up & Up, I think?) - it's just other brands where you stick your fingers down into the jar, but unlike any others I've tried it has some kind of bumpy surface down inside that work really well to pry glitter off. It still takes a little while but it's much less of a pain.

    It's this stuff:
    https://www.target.com/p/maximum-strength-acetone-nail-polish-remover-9oz-up-up-153/-/A-13317437
    (I have two of them and I just refill them with acetone out of a bottle, so mine are a couple of years old. I can't say for sure whether the newer ones still have the same magic whatever-it-is inside!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly, I would never have bought Peak of Chic (the glitter) for myself - or for that matter, the blue creme, just because I already have several. But I didn't tell Rob that, of course!

    ReplyDelete