Saturday, January 6, 2018

NOTD: Aura

This is Formula X Aura, which (although I know it looks brown on my monitor) is actually a red glitter in a black base:
I'm pretty sure Aura is the only Formula X polish I actually paid retail price for - mostly I waited for them to be marked down - and I found it disappointing. Everybody always complained about Formula X being expensive, and it was definitely on the high side (more than OPI and Essie, anyway) but it wasn't as expensive as Nails Inc or Rescue Beauty or pretty much any luxury brand. I think it was $10.50 or so, wasn't it? - maybe a little more depending on what type of formula it was. It's probably more than I ought to be paying but I buy fewer polishes now than I used to, in general, so I don't feel quite so bad about paying a little more for an individual polish. (See: the ILNP that is now winging its way to me. I'll get back to you on that one later.)

Anyway, I'm tempted to pull this picture down because it doesn't show the color accurately anyway and it kind of looks like there's a bald spot on my middle finger which I totally didn't notice in real life, but eh, maybe you can get the basic idea, at least. It definitely reads as redder than this, but the texture looks about right, anyway.

Formula X is discontinued - I don't know, are they showing up at TJMaxx or any place like that, or did they just sell them all for $2 on the Sephora website? I haven't seen anybody mention finding one since the big clearance sale, so I'm not sure. They might be findable here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment