Monday, January 1, 2018

Favorites of 2017 (the shortlist)

I'm still working towards a favorites list, so this is my shortlist, selected from the big list yesterday. Again, note that these were not necessarily brand-new polishes in 2017, just ones that I wore for the first time.

I've been pulling out the discontinued polishes from this list (I left Pixi-lated, since it's still in stock). Going by the brand's own websites, that takes out these:
  • Cherry Fast (discontinued, and this one surprised me - I guess it didn't survive the recent re-do)
  • Das Esspensive XXV (limited edition)
  • I Wand It That Way (discontinued)
  • Marine (brand discontinued)
  • So Jelly (limited edition)
  • The Last Petal (limited edition Beauty & the Beast tie-in)
I usually call those my Honorable Mentions. My rules are not exactly set in stone, so it's not like I couldn't let one of these go into the top 10 if I really wanted to, but I don't think I do. (So Jelly and Das Esspensive are the ones that might be serious candidates. I called Das Esspensive my favorite of the first half, but I don't know, I'm not feeling it so much now.)

And that leaves me with a top 10 for 2017 (in alphabetical order):
  • Adrenaline Crush
  • Destiny 
  • High Tide
  • Hypnotic
  • Peri-wink-le of an Eye
  • Pixi-lated
  • Prince Cornelious
  • Turn On the Northern Lights!
  • When U Say My Name
  • Where's the Party Canon At?
The surprising thing to me is that there are still a couple of cremes in the running. That's unusual for me.

A couple of pictures - Hypnotic & Das Esspensive XXV:





No comments:

Post a Comment