Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Zoya Destiny (w/bonus meme)

I finally got around to trying Zoya Destiny, and I really like it:
It's a coral/red-orange texture. The red-orange part is usually crucial for me, because the yellower a polish gets, the less likely it is to flatter my skin tone, but this one swings far enough to the red end to be fine, I think.

This is two coats of polish and two coats of top-coat. I decided after two coats that it was opaque enough to suit me, but I think VNL-haters will probably want three. (And don't think that just because I used the word "hater" that I think there's something wrong with that. There's definitely not.)

I realized after a while that I hear the word "destiny" in my head in Darth Vader's voice. I never really thought much about this, but of course it's a meme:
Honestly (now that I'm thinking about it) I don't think this is a dramatic enough polish to deserve this very dramatic name. It should be a vampy color, not a summery one. My guess is that they were thinking of this as a dramatic, fiery color - it is bright, of course, but still, not all that dramatic, to me. However, this is still a nice polish, despite that bit of cognitive dissonance.

Oh yeah, and I don't think I ever posted the swatch picture, so here's that too:
This is two coats without top-coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment