Saturday, July 29, 2017

NOTD: Hyped

I'm wearing Formula X Hyped, and I'm going to have to take back at least part of the bad words I've said about it:
I didn't clean this up as well as I could have, but by the time I got this one on my nails and properly set last night, I didn't have much energy left for that. It's balky and it takes three coats to get anything like a uniform opacity - and actually, if you look close, it's not that uniform. And I tried to take something like half an hour between coats, to avoid having more of the setting issues I had the other day.* But it is staying put, and it's got a little bit of tipwear after 24 hours, but that's all. That's much better than the first time I wore it. I don't really think this is a true neon, but my theory is that there's some neon pigments mixed in there, at least, and that contributes to the problems I keep having.

For the record, here's what's on my nails
  1. Nails Inc Superfood Base Coat
  2. Hyped
  3. Hyped
  4. Hyped
  5. Pretty Serious Matte All The Things
I really like the finish of Matte All The Things - this was the first time I'd tried it.


* I was thinking I had said this somewhere already, but maybe not: I tried to put Hyped on the other day and it was raining, so very high humidity, and I don't know whether that had anything to do with it, but it just did not set at all. And I finally just took it off and went to work with no nail polish on, which I hate doing. So that's why this time I was giving it an extra-long time to make sure it was dry between coats.

No comments:

Post a Comment