Saturday, June 18, 2016

NOTD: Hyped

Let me say right off the bat that this picture does NOT do justice to Hyped at its best. I'd had it on for a couple of days by the time I took this picture, and it's looking pretty ragged:
On the other hand, it also would not be fair to you, my readers, to skim over the fact that this polish has wear issues. This is three coats plus base-coat (Bridge the Ridge, I believe) plus Seche on top plus a slapped-on touch-up before I left the house, because that was all I had time for. (Actually you can see on my pointer finger where I touched it up, because it's more satiny - which is how Hyped goes on, left alone.) I painted my nails late at night and by the time I got up it was showing tip wear. Seriously - I guess from all that thrashing around in bed! By the second night almost half of the polish on one nail (on my right hand) had flaked off. It seems to me like all neon-ish polishes have wear and/or application issues, though. This one also went on streaky, took all three coats to get reasonably past that, and also (you can see it on the index finger above) wanted to pull.

It's still a gorgeous color, though.

Oh, here is the wheel picture for this polish.

I also have a shade picture, which is even more noticeably ragged-looking than the sunlight picture above (at least on the computer I'm viewing these pictures on):

No comments:

Post a Comment