Monday, June 13, 2016

Lincoln Park After Dark, Witch Way?

This is a very classic OPI (here in a mini size), Lincoln Park After Dark, and KBShimmer Witch Way?
LPAD is obviously one of those vampy almost-blacks - it's very dark. It's so very dark it's hard to tell much else about it - it seems to have red-violet undertones, but that's about as far as I'm willing to go. It looks black in a lot of lights, which is one reason I haven't ever been tempted to get a full-size bottle. I like my colors to be distinguishable from black. Note this comparison of LPAD vs Essie Wicked - which isn't purple at all, it's red, but you can't really tell here. I have both of these so I will have to try my own comparison (but not tonight).

Lincoln Park After Dark is one of OPI's most iconic colors, it looks like you can get it in a regular version or a gel one, and at some point there was also a matte version. There was also an LE "sister" polish called Lincoln Park At Midnight, which was apparently actually slightly lighter - presumably because how could it possibly be darker without being just a black?

KBShimmer Witch Way was originally a Halloween polish, I believe (and as you might guess from the name), but it's still available on KBShimmer's website. I think a lot of people love this polish, too, and deservedly so - it's a grape-y jelly full of holo glitter. It's awesome. It goes on very light on the first coat (see here - it's the polish that's underneath Evil Queen in the second picture) but it darkens up on successive coats.

No comments:

Post a Comment