Thursday, June 2, 2016

Sugar Plum Fairies Gone Wild, Violet Femme

This is Sephora by OPI Sugar Plum Fairies Gone Wild, and piCture pOlish Violet Femme:
I happened on the S-OPI clearance sale right when it started, and I bought 9 polishes at 3/$10, if I remember right. I had always thought they were a little too expensive (it's not for nothing that people used to call it $OPI) and so I hit on a nice balance of reduced price but still a lot of choice of polishes. And I'm pretty sure I bought three of these "jewelry top coat" glitters. I think those may all have popped up in the last few weeks. This one is a bit more neutral purple than G-listen To Your Heart, which is the more red-violet one. I think I bought Violet Femme around that same time, actually, and it was the first piCture pOlish that I bought - I still only have a couple - and it's a lovely color. It looks more red-violet on the first coat, and I remember that it goes on streaky, too, but then it evens out and darkens. I've had trouble with wear with piCture pOlish, and they're expensive, but a lot of people are crazy about them so other people must not have the wear problems like I have.

Violet Femme is available directly from picturepolish.com.au or there are also US stockists - Color4Nails seems to have a bigger selection. (Harlow & Co also seems to have a large selection and I believe they deliver to both Canada and the US.) And of course SOPI is long discontinued, although you might be able to find some colors if you poke around online. (The link above has the entire contents of my 2013 SOPI clearance haul.)

No comments:

Post a Comment