Saturday, June 11, 2016

Celebutante, Legend

This is Ulta Salon Celebutante and Formula X Legend:
I have another polish called Celeb City, which is bright silver, and I always get mixed up about which of those is which - but I've been making double-sure to check the labels as I swatched and this is definitely Celebutante. I don't really think there's any particular color associated with celebrities, is there? So it's presumably just a randomly-applied name and that's why I can't remember the difference. On the other hand, Legend is a rather dramatic polish but other than that I can't say that I associate this color particularly with a legend, either. (I'm becoming a critic of nail polish names, now. Great.)

So anyway, Celebutante is a red-leaning purple, with no noticeable shimmer, and Legend is a dark, dramatic grape purple with shifty tendencies - I think I see some blue in there, maybe some other stuff too. I'm not really sure how I ended up with these two next to each other on the wheel, because they're certainly not much alike.

I poked around on the Ulta Salon list and I don't see Celebutante listed. I'm pretty sure I've had this for several years so it's not too surprising. And I rarely buy Formula X unless it's on sale, so the odds are that it's discontinued, because that's usually the only time they mark it down. (I poked around on this page looking for it but there are so many subsets of Formula X that I easily could have missed it. It's late.) (Looks like I had the right idea, though, it was from the Shifters collection - and there are only a couple of colors left in that collection, and Legend isn't one of them.)

No comments:

Post a Comment