Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Comparison - Adrenaline Crush, Petra, & Hotel Particulier

I had compared two of these three before - that was Marc Jacobs Petra and Lancome Hotel Particulier. Then I bought Miracle Gel Adrenaline Crush and when I wore it, I thought, Gee, this reminds me of Petra. So here are all three. I would say they are really similar but not quite dupes.
They are also all colors that are hard to put your finger on - pinkish- (or maybe purplish-) brown metallics. I complained loudly when I bought Hotel Particulier that it wasn't the color I thought I was getting - I thought it was going to be much more pink. (Although then I decided I liked it after all and put it in my top five polishes of 2016.) Here is a separate swatch of Adrenaline Crush - I know I wore it but I can't find a picture - and Petra is linked up at the top.

You can see in this picture, I think - at least it looks that way in the bottle - that Adrenaline Crush is a little lighter than the other two - maybe it's a little more pink. But still, they're all pretty close. I was going to say that one thing to think about is that Miracle Gel is cheaper than the other two. But I'm pretty sure Hotel Particulier is discontinued anyway, because it was LE in the first place. (It would be effectively the most expensive since it's $15.50 for a teeny tiny bottle.) Marc Jacobs polishes are $18, as I recall, but you get more polish, and also they do have sales on the website from time to time. That's when I bought mine, when they were having a 50% off sale. So when that happens it becomes $9 and the price difference from Miracle Gel becomes pretty close to negligible, in theory. I suppose you'd still have to pay shipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment