Friday, November 18, 2016

Hotel Particulier

This is the first Lancôme polish I've ever owned, Hotel Particulier:
...and frankly, I can't say I'm in love. It looks much pinker in Lancôme's pictures (you can see it here) so this just wasn't what I was expecting. I like it but it's much more subdued than what I thought I was getting. It's sort of a dull pink microglitter - or grayed-out pink, like a very very dusty rose - and I didn't even realize until I saw this picture that it has some sort of gold-looking flakes in it, although they disappear again on the nail, as far as I can see.

I keep seesawing back and forth about this, can you tell? It's dull! But it's pretty! But... Well, luckily (sort of) it's better that I'm not too too attached to it because these bottles are only 6ml. Not too much love to go around, you might say.
It comes in a cute little box, as you'd expect for something in this price range. This seems to be part of a holiday collection with four shades. I got mine from Macy's - free shipping! I suspect that my flirtation with Lancôme polish will begin and end here, quite frankly. $15.50 for a tiny little bottle puts it very, very high on a per-ounce basis, and I really need to love it a lot more than I love this.

But who knows, maybe it'll grow on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment