Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Gilded

Here's Sinful Colors Gilded:
This is holiday-ish, but not so much that you can't wear it other times of the year. I tend to wear things like this a lot in January, because it's gloomy (I live in Texas, remember - January's not usually all that cold, necessarily, but we don't always get a lot of sun) and I figure glitters are cheery. Anyway, this is a sort of rose-gold microglitter with larger bits of red. (I notice SC's link below just says gold and red, but I think the gold is definitely pink-leaning.) It reminds me of the formula of Lippmann Mermaid's Dream, although the glitter sizes aren't the same and of course the colors aren't. But it's basically that same glitter-in-a-foil-base idea. (I don't imagine that's any coincidence. Those were everywhere for a while.)

Here's a nice close-up of the bottle from Daily Varnish. (Note, added much later: I happened to click on that link and it now goes somewhere that tried to download something, so I deleted it. Apparently that website is no more!)

Re availability: not a current color, although it still has a page on SC's website. (On Amazon it's anywhere from $4 to $40, at the moment.) It was a holiday polish so it may have been LE in the first place.

(Added: this is in my top 5 Sinful Colors polishes, and I swatched it there over red, which it turns out I quite like. This was also in my 2014 favorites.)

No comments:

Post a Comment