Wednesday, November 23, 2016

NOTD: Orly Vintage

This is just after I put on the 3rd coat of this and before I'd cleaned it up at all (because I had all the lights set up and I wanted to take the picture while I was thinking about it!):
Like so many pale cremes like this, Orly Vintage (which is from the Melrose collection, from this past spring) is kind of balky to apply. Even with the 3rd coat you can see where it was wanting to pull down at the bottom of the nail. The first coat was very streaky but it evened out for the most part after the second coat. If it hadn't been for the pulling, two coats would have been enough. I was hoping for a true jade green but this is something more like a mint green. Still, for a lighter color it looks pretty good on me.

(I think I mentioned the other day that I'm kind of on the hunt for what I've started calling "semi-pastels." True pastels, the really pale ones, are not flattering on me, but I've come to realize that there are polishes like this one that are slightly darker than those, that I can wear.)

No comments:

Post a Comment