Monday, November 14, 2016

London, These Are Not The Droids

This is Zoya London (a Pixie Dust) and Dollish These Are Not The Droids You're Looking For:
London is a medium-gray texture (with scattered silver glitter) and These Are Not The Droids You're Looking For (hereafter TANtDYLF) is a mixed glitter in a clear base - the way I figure it, it's silver and blue for R2-D2 and gold for C-3PO. Makes sense, right? (If I remember I'll have to wear this when we go see Rogue One in a month or so.) I think I've tried TANtDYLF over a couple of different colors and I haven't found anything I feel like is ideal just yet. Maybe I need to just try for opaqueness (which seems to be what they did here).

TANtDYLF is not available as far as I can tell. (See the link above; the fandom polishes still show up on Dollish's website but they all say Sold Out. Possibly there might be another run of them at some time in the future? - I'm guessing, but that seems to me like the most likely reason for leaving them on the website.) You can still get London, even though... didn't Zoya say they weren't producing any more Pixie Dusts, ages ago - like, a couple of years ago? They must have produced a lot of them, then, because they're still there. (I haven't poked around to check, but to my knowledge all of the Pixie Dusts are still available.)

No comments:

Post a Comment