Friday, November 18, 2016

NOTD: Pumpkin Spice over Cinnamon

The most seasonally-appropriate pairing I can ever remember wearing (in that it sounds like the ingredients for some Thanksgiving recipe), Xtreme Wear Pumpkin Spice over Zoya Cinnamon:
Unfortunately you can't see Pumpkin Spice too well - you're mostly seeing Cinnamon, here - but in real life it shows up quite well as orange-coppery sparks. There's also another layer underneath that's virtually invisible, although it may contribute to the messiness of this manicure around the edges. I tried out Fossil of the Death Worm without putting it over anything and I didn't like it at all. I slapped Cinnamon on top because I was thinking it might show through and look interesting, but mostly it really didn't show up well at all. So I'll have to try that again some other time.

I've done a couple more manicures that I haven't gotten around to showing lately. I did Cougar Attack over brown, and mattified it, which I really liked. I thought I had taken a picture of that but if so I can't track it down. And back before that, back in October, I did another Candy Corn Cordial over Retro Red, which was really similar to one I'd done shortly before, so I wasn't too worried about getting a picture on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment