Friday, January 5, 2018

Late Black Friday haul

I bought a bunch of stuff from Nyx to give for gifts on Black Friday, and now that the gifts are given I can post the pictures. The only thing I kept out of this was the darkest color, which is a backup of the one I wear. (Which is the one that used to be called Hunk and is now called Thunderstorm, and it goes on as sort of a medium red-violet, much lighter than it looks from the tube.)
I must have a record somewhere of the name of this blush color, but I haven't found it so far. I did take a picture of the lipstick colors, so I have those. The box set of three is Beach BBQ, Easy Livin', and Neon Lights. The three loose pink ones are Taffy, Gumdrop, and Seashell. (And then Thunderstorm on the right.)

I did swatches on my wrist and I didn't write down what was what, but I think this is mostly in the same order. Presumably Thunderstorm is the bright one on the right - so Seashell may be pale bit that's hard to see on the far side of that.
I gave Beach BBQ to my sister and she really liked it. (I also gave her KL Magic City, which likewise went really over well. I knew she likes red-oranges the same way I like red-violets.) The rest went to other family members and I'm not completely clear on what went to whom, honestly. I should have taken a picture of the whole pile before I sorted it out - there was a lot more stuff than just this - but it was very much at the last minute and it didn't occur to me. I had Colourpop stuff, too, and Clinique, and all my Sephora Play leftovers and assorted deluxe samples. I decided I usually overthink the question of what exact color I give to whom and so I waited til the last minute on purpose (literally, like, 3am Christmas morning) so I had to just do it and not think too hard about it. Luckily everybody seemed to really like what they got!

No comments:

Post a Comment