Thursday, July 9, 2015

NOTD: layers and layers of pink

This is Zoya Kimber, Zoya Reva, and China Glaze Travel In Colour, topped with Matte Me Crazy:
I did the Zoya portion late at night and I'm not entirely sure how many coats of what were involved, exactly. I'm lucky I got any kind of useable manicure because I think I fell asleep before it was dry. I've done the Kimber/Reva mani numerous times. As I've probably explained before, Kimber on its own is too annoyingly pink, and Reva is too orange. So both of them together kind of cancel each other's faults out, as I see it. But I looked at the result this morning and thought it still looked awfully orange for my taste. (It may just have been the light.) So then I put TinC on top and thought it looked awfully pink again (I don't know why that surprised me, considering that that's what TinC always does). But when I put Matte Me Crazy on top of the whole shebang, it toned down the pink enough that I liked it again. The end effect was not very matte, really, but it had a satiny foil-ness to it that I liked quite a lot.

Details, as best I remember:
Zoya Get Even base coat
Kimber, 2 coats
Reva, 1 coat
Travel In Colour, 1 coat
Matte Me Crazy, 1 coat

No comments:

Post a Comment