Sunday, July 21, 2013

The Last Haul

Friday night I took off the bright blue, and oh yeah, bright blue is a pain to take off. (Another big surprise, huh?) It made such a mess on one thumbnail that polish remover wasn't budging it at all, and I finally resorted to a bit of chlorine bleach to get the worst of it off. That's probably not very good for your nails but it doesn't seem to have done any serious damage.

My Zoya order came, with Liberty included, but somehow I have no desire to try Liberty right now. (No more blue for a bit.) This is, for the moment, The Last Haul. It's not a very big one, but it's what I got. And if you see me buying any more polish any time soon, kick my butt, ok?
L-R and top to bottom:
  • Sally Hansen cuticle oil
  • Montana Sky (Colors by Llarowe, which are apparently completely sold out now)
  • Liberty (Zoya)
  • Seche Vite
  • Suri (Zoya)
  • Rikki (Zoya)
The Llarowe and Liberty don't look that different in this picture, but Montana Sky actually has a darker base, with bright glitter. Liberty is just bright.

So (to continue the story), after I got the blue off, finally, I decided to try Zoya Perrie. And - like every other paler color I've ever bought - it's just not flattering on me. I don't know why I keep trying. It's a pretty color, and I'm not getting rid of it or anything, but in my stash it's probably destined for layering. Which is basically what I used it for, in the end - I put Convergence over it, the plum-colored holo.

But by this morning, that was chipped, and I decided to try out Rikki, above. I was thinking I really wanted it to be just a little darker, though, so I put it over Zoya Irene. And I really liked the result. Two layers of Irene, one of Rikki. (Our waitress at dinner liked it, too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment