Thursday, July 4, 2013

Shredded neon

When last heard from, on Sunday, I was wearing Black Illusion. I did like it (although I think I'll like it even better in the fall - it's just not a summer color!) but I went running off to work with no top coat on and inevitably, by the end of the day it was starting to chip. -- I had stuck a bottle of top coat in my purse, even, but never used it, so it didn't do me a bit of good by being there.

So I took that off Sunday night - and it came off extremely cleanly, as holos generally seem to do - and actually left my nails bare overnight, which I don't usually do. I was planning some sort of patriotic manicure for the 4th, but it seemed too early for that, so I decided to try that Maybelline ShatterShredded (it's a crackle, ok? but I keep forgetting what it is that Maybelline calls theirs) - Magenta Mirage. I don't really buy whites in the normal way of things, but there was a white mini in that Color Theory set from Christmas and I've been trying to remember to use those lately, so I used that. It was a normal white, in my limited experience of whites - that is, it was streaky. But it looked okay after two coats. So then I tried the crackle. I was trying to put it on very thin, and I probably need some more practice at it. Some nails came out really nice and some looked kinda crappy, and some didn't crack at all.

Here is a bad picture of my thumb, which was the one that I liked the most:
(This picture was taken on my bed, and that green fabric in the background is a sheet. I took some more pictures at the same time, so you may get to see more of my sheets in the next few days, but I think after this I'm going back to taking pictures on top of the comforter, at least. But the bedrooms get the best light in the whole apartment so I probably am not going to stop taking pictures on the bed any time soon!)

Well, so, some looked good and some not so much, as I said, and I tried putting a second coat on some of them, to see how that looked, but it was mostly not much of an improvement, if any, so what I eventually ended up doing was that I covered most of them up with Raspberry Rush, which is a sort-of-similar color, except more neon. Eventually I covered all of them up except this thumbnail. I didn't much like the look of half-crackle and half-not, but the one crackle accent nail looked very cute. I didn't get a picture of the Raspberry Rush (but here's somebody else's pictures) - it's one of the Color Club scented polishes from the Wicked Sweet collection. (The scent is, of course, vaguely raspberry, but it's very subtle, compared to the grape one. Which is fine with me.)

And after that I spent the next day obsessing about reds, but I'll put that in the next entry. Stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment