Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Chipping issues

(Wednesday)
I'm still wearing Waity Katie. For now. It has at least one little chip, so I'm probably either going to want to patch it up or start over, but I might just patch it, because I'm still enjoying it.

It occurs to me that No More Waity, Katie is a bit similar to that Hedy's color I bought in Ohio, Dusty Spring Fields. Or really it's the other way around, probably - I imagine the BL has been around longer. They both look very neutral in some lights and very purple in others. I guess you could say Dusty Spring Fields is rather like NMWK without the glitter. I still like it but NMWK is more fun.

I think I know what's likely to be next: I found swatches of Pitter Patter on Pinterest and followed them to their source here. My god that's beautiful. (However it's now almost bedtime on Wednesday so NMWK is probably staying for the moment. With or without patching.)

(Thursday)
I did go ahead and put Pitter Patter on very late last night, but I did kind of a bad job of it and it chipped today, and I went ahead and took it off just now. It's beautiful, but a bit darker than I wanted it to be. I've had terrible sinus headaches all week, and I stayed home feeling like crap again today, and never saw it in the sunlight, so I may not be giving it its full due. I'll have to try that one again later. And I started over and what I'm in the middle of putting on is Ipanema Girl aka Layla CE61. If it ends up being as green as it looks in the Ninja Polish swatches, I'll be pleased, because I was worried it was going to be more yellow-green than is flattering on me. It's not as dark as the picture yet, but I can tell (with a partial second coat on) that it's going to be dark enough to avoid that problem too much. Anyway, it's pretty and shimmery and I'm happy with what I'm seeing so far.

(See why I'm always chipping my polish? Because I'm in the middle of a coat of nail polish and I've stopped to type. Yeah, not a good habit.)

No comments:

Post a Comment