Sunday, July 7, 2013

Now with 500% more Butter London

The two polishes I ordered from Llarowe came last night, and so of course I had to try one. One was Pretty Serious brand - a teal jelly - and the other one was Jade brand, called Echarpe de Seda, which Google Translate tells me means Silk Scarf. It's a scattered holo in red jelly. So since that coordinated reasonably well with Dita, which I already had on, I tried that. And it's - predictably - really beautiful, and also predictably, is hard to photograph. I tried and it just looked like a dark red, and the holo bits didn't show up at all. Which isn't even accurate, because over Dita, at least, it looks like just a bright red, color-wise. I don't know what it'd look like on its own. (Although actually it looks darn close to the pictures on Llarowe's website, so it might just look exactly the same.)

After the jump, the picture of my last round of new additions (not including the ones that just arrived!)

This is partly from CVS, partly from HEB, and then of course the Butter Londons from their 30% off sale. So (L-R across the top row and then the bottom) this is:
  1. NYC Big City Dazzle, which I've already talked about
  2. NYC Grand Central Station (clear)
  3. NYC Fruit Punch - these last two were packaged together, and I picked this up because it looked like it might read as a foil, and because I'm a sucker for fuchsia/magenta shiny things
  4. BL Knees Up, which I've been told looks like red foil wrapping paper (but I haven't tried ANY of the BL's yet, and I'm not sure how I've held out this long!)
  5. Spoiled Deeper Dive - teal glitter
  6. Revlon Scandalous, which I bought because somebody said it was a near-dupe for Bad Romance - as if I need another purple glitter!
  7. BL "The Royals" collection - which I will say more about below
  8. Khroma Fairy Dust (blending in with the background a bit on the far right)
So here's the description of the three Royals colors from the website:
Pitter Patter: Opaque, aubergine shimmer
No More Waity, Katie: Semi-sheer, greige lilac jelly glitter
Lillibet’s Jubilee: Opaque, silver lavender foil metallic

They came in the little bag which you can see in the picture, with a little gold keychain attached - you can see it draped over the Revlon bottle. It has a bird on it - a partridge with a crown, like on the website, maybe? Of the three colors, I think No More Waity, Katie and Lillibet's Jubilee were both LEs that were retired at some point, but have been unretired at least for the moment. Pitter Patter is in honor of the baby-to-come and is new. And of course I will be reporting back later on these as I try them!

(If you're wondering about my math up there in the title, I had one BL and now I have 5. Thus, 500%.)

No comments:

Post a Comment