Saturday, July 27, 2013

Hot Cinnamon

Since I've been going on and on about Butter London lately, I thought I'd mention something else that I saw on Polish Insomniac this week, and that's that BL is about to follow up their nail polish and lip gloss with other color cosmetics, starting in August. They look very pretty in the picture she posted. As I have said here recently, I'm not a huge cosmetics user, so I probably won't be trying them out any time soon, but you never know. (And actually, on reflection, that blusher in the picture looks rather like it could be that shade I'm always trying to find, the one that's not too pink and not too purple - so someday when my current one runs out, I might actually try it!)

I almost tried to stretch the purple Essence I was wearing through today, and then I took a close look at it late last night (because, y'know, I am an insomniac myself), and I decided it was chipping enough that I might regret that. So last night I took that off and oiled my cuticles up really good, and later I put on one of the couple of Julie G's I haven't tried, Hot Cinnamon. In some lights it looks really red, and in some lights it looks more like a not-quite-red - I think maybe it's shifted just a tiny bit towards coral from a full-on red, but it's hard to be sure. Anyway (and I knew this, because Karen told me when we were discussing our swap) it has the same basic formula as Sugar Rush (the red-orange), which is the formula I liked the most. So I was expecting to like it a lot, and I do. (The cool colors have a slightly different formulation, and so far I'm 1-for-2 on those: I liked one and one annoyed me. I still have one cool one - Rock Candy, the green - left to try, so I'm less sure about whether I'll like that one. Since I liked the blue, I'm cautiously optimistic, though.)

Here's Hot Cinnamon:
It's more interesting, and more matte, than it looks here, but at least the color is reasonably true.

No comments:

Post a Comment