Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Sugar Rush!

I decided to try taking some pictures with my actual camera instead of with my iPhone. The camera is seven or eight years old, so the iPhone may actually be a better camera than my poor old Canon. But on the other hand, since the Canon has an actual physical shutter button to push, it's possible to take this kind of picture, which I could never manage with the iPhone:
It's not a great picture, but the color seems fairly true, at least. This is Sugar Rush, from the Julie G Gumdrops collection. (I wonder if somebody who plays Candy Crush Saga had a hand in naming these? I hear that voice from the game say "Sugar Rush!" every time I see this name.)

Anyway, I like the color - it's red-orange enough to be fairly flattering on me (here are the rest of the colors - you can see that there's another orange that's more of a true orange). I was afraid that the texture would drive me crazy but it really doesn't. And it goes on very shiny but dries to a nice shimmery tone with just a little sparkle to it. Overall I really like it more than I expected to. A fun summer color with texture, what more can you ask?

(Oh, I forgot to say that I did use base coat, and Nail Nutrition too, but no top coat, of course. And this is three coats. It pumps up the color a bit with every coat, and I thought it was prettier with three, although two would have done, too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment