Friday, May 31, 2013

A CVS haul

I'm still wearing Sugar Rush, although it's worn enough on a couple of tips that I will probably go ahead and take it off tonight. I love it enough that I e-mailed Karen and proposed a Gumdrops-for-Orchid nail polish swap, which she immediately accepted. We'll see what she's able to find as far as other colors. (Actually I wouldn't mind having another bottle of Sugar Rush, even, since the bottles are so small. The only color I don't want is the other orange.)

The funny thing is that we might end up back in Ohio again next week - well, that would be funny-as-in-highly-ironic, not funny-haha, because the reason we're (probably/almost certainly) going is that my father-in-law is critically ill. But I don't know what the schedule would be, of course, if we do go, and whether I might have nail-polish-shopping time is totally unknown. The least of the things I should be concerned about, let's face it.

Meanwhile, I went in CVS earlier and came out with four bottles of polish:
  1. Spoiled Cougar Attack (copper glitter), which I have been wanting for ages, for FORTY-NINE CENTS. I don't know what that was about. It didn't say it was on sale at all. Maybe it's a closeout? (In which case I'm really-extra-glad I got it. But I don't know that that's the case at all, anyway.)
  2. NYC "In a New York Minute" East Village (teal-blue foil), which sold me by putting the model's hands wearing this color on the display picture.
  3. Maybelline Color Show Shredded Magenta Mirage - which means it's a crackle, right? I didn't even snap to that until now, but that's fine - I've never bought a crackle in all this time, it's time I tried it!
  4. Maybelline Color Show Tenacious Teal - which I only bought because it was buy one, get one 50% off on the Color Shows, but it looks really pretty. It looks in the bottle like a straight-up green, not a teal at all.
Note that these are all stuffed into my (not very big) handbag at the moment, because it's hot outside and I didn't want to leave them in the car! The things we do for beautiful nails...

ADDED: my husband and I were working together today (which we don't do often, even though we work in the same place) and on the way home he wanted to run in a different CVS to get milk. So, guess what, I came in to look at the nail polish. I ended up with a new polish #5: Revlon Not So Blueberry - which doesn't look blue at all in the bottle, it looks like a sparkly purple. This was another 75%-off polish, and I got some intel on this from the clerk, when I came running up demanding that Rob pay for my polish. (Because I didn't want to take my purse full of newly-purchased polish inside CVS, that just seemed like asking for trouble.) Not that this is a surprising concept, but the clerk said that they were clearing out less-popular colors so that they have room for new fall colors. So you might want to check your local CVS to see if they have any of these semi-secret 75%-off bargains.

No comments:

Post a Comment