Thursday, May 2, 2013

Ohio

I have been at my in-law's with no internet, and didn't have the willpower to sit at McDonald's long enough to write an entry. (Perhaps I should look into the app for this, but I have never bothered.) Not too much has happened nail-wise since the last entry, anyway. I took Violet Femme off because I had peelie problems, and put on Chirality Symbiote, which I predictably loved (almost as much as I continue to love Violet Femme - my peelie problems are not Picture Polish's fault, let's face it). The Etsy store calls Symbiote a black holo, but I would call it a sort of a steel gray, myself. Actually the color that it looks in the bottle in that picture, at least on my screen, is a pretty fair indicator of what it looks like on my fingers. A fairly dark but not extremely dark gray, not anything resembling a black, in practice, although it's certainly possible that it has a black base. It goes on (and comes off) beautifully, like all the other Chirality holos.

I know that Symbiote comes off well because I just took it off. I have not made any firm decision about what's going on next. I brought a few things with me, and I bought a few more yesterday. This was a pretty quick visit to the in-laws and I didn't have time to do much, but I did make a quick trip to the Rite Aid in St. Mary's, Ohio, because I knew Rite Aid had nail polish brands that aren't available to me normally and I wanted to check them out. (I used the excuse that I needed to buy allergy medicine, but really, it was the nail polish.) I passed up a couple of things, like Jesse's Girl, that didn't grab me too much, but I did come out with these three things:
  1. Julie G Sugar Rush - which is a red-orange from the "gumdrop" collection - i.e., a texture
  2. Hedy's Ma.nish.ma. Ramblin' Red - looks like a dark maroon-ish red
  3. Wet n Wild Megalast On a Trip - a slightly periwinkle-leaning purple
OK, the WnW is probably available at home, I just never had noticed it. And I have never tried the Megalast line at all, so it's new to me, anyway. (Update: I now have it on and I really like it. I'm wearing two coats and I'm trying to decide if it needs a third. We'll see.)

No comments:

Post a Comment