Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Orchid-brand, and other assorted purples

(Monday)
Well, when last heard from, I was putting on one of my new polishes - On a Trip. I really liked the color a lot, but I messed the finish up by not letting it dry long enough, and it was bugging me, so the next night I covered it up. I had yet another purple with me, and I used that - this one was Orchid-brand, called Island Couture. It's a violet shimmer, very pretty, and I'm still wearing that now, although it has a good bit of tipwear. I'm thinking about taking it off but I haven't quite gotten around to doing that yet.

I know Orchid is a brand that's probably unknown to a lot of people, and I don't know that I've talked about it since I've been posting here, although I know I've said most of this elsewhere. It's apparently a store-brand that's exclusive to HEB, which is a Texas-only grocery store chain. (They are pretty much the dominant chain, or at least sort of co-dominant with Kroger's, in big swathes of east and central Texas - I don't get to the other parts of Texas enough to be sure about them! Texas is a big place.) Karen and I did a swap back in 2011 where I sent her a couple of bottles of Orchid, and she theorized that they may be more or less the same as Pixel Polish (except cheaper, which is good for those of us with access to HEB stores, not so much for the rest of you). Anyway, it seems to be good quality polish. I don't have a huge number of bottles of it but I pick some up occasionally. They also have skin care products which I have not gotten around to trying so far - the only thing I've bought other than polish is their 100% acetone remover which of course is the same as anybody else's. They do have good coupon sales from time to time so that's usually when I've bought their products. (You can see an example of an HEB coupon sale in my old display photos which were on Karen's post and are also on Flickr.)

(Wednesday)
The layered purples were really holding up very well, considering, but I took them off earlier, finally, and put on Chirality Convergence (which is the plum-color) again - partly because the sun is out today and the first time I wore it, it was cloudy the whole time and so I have never gotten a good look at its holo effect. It's very unusual for us to have cloudy weather for many days in a row, but we did a few weeks ago and it happened to be when I first started trying out my new Chirality purchases. (The sun came out by the time I wore Kale later in the week, but it never did for Convergence.) Anyway, I really liked the color of Convergence, sun or no sun, and I wanted to try it again.

Added: pictures
Megalast On a Trip (I am not sure how accurate the color is here, but you can see pretty clearly that I marred up the finish!)

Chirality Convergence (in artificial lighting)

Didn't get a picture of the Orchid one, I'm afraid.

Maybe I should start putting on Convergence when we need rain. The sun was out when I put it on, but it clouded up before I even got outside, and last night and today we have had rainstorms. I'm starting to think that Convergence has magic cloud-attracting properties!

No comments:

Post a Comment