Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Lizard belly

(Saturday)
I posted in the last post about what I'm wearing today, but I forgot to mention that I did another Llarowe order. I did it on Tuesday and it came on Friday (great service!) but I didn't see it until after I had already done the spring-green manicure last night; otherwise I'm sure I would be wearing Lizard Belly today. Lizard Belly is something that I've wanted for a long time, and I resisted for close to two years, but I had a little birthday money from my in-laws and I finally couldn't resist any more. (Advantage of waiting: the price has gone down somewhat!)

I also bought 2 Color Club neon-ish colors that are both from the same summer collection from a couple of years ago: Raspberry Rush and Give Me a Grape Big Kiss. Because those are colors I just can't resist, seemingly.

(Sunday)
Things I have tweeted about that never made it onto the blog, partly for my own future reference:
Avon Holos
Manglaze Santorum
Not specifically about nail polish, but I'm sure it affects the fall lines: Fall 2013 Color Report

Still wearing spring green today. I'm sure by tomorrow at the latest I'll change this out, though.

(Tuesday)
I've been wearing Lizard Belly since last night. It really didn't look green in the bottle at all, but it is - although it's a very dark green and probably reads as an indeterminate almost-but-not-quite black in low light. I haven't gotten a good look at it in sunlight yet but under the fluorescent lights in the kitchen it's quite beautiful. It is starting to seem that every time I put on a holo we have a cloudy day, but that's probably because we've had quite a lot of them lately.

It went on nicely, although it's a bit sheer and it took 3 coats to get it good and opaque. Next time I might put another green underneath it and see if that helps. Even though the price had gone down (to $11, where it was listed as $14.00-14.95 in that ALU post from 2011 that I linked above), it's still a pretty small bottle and I'm definitely going to be inclined to hoard it a bit. (When we finally get some real sunshine I'll be sure to try to get a picture.)

NOTE: there's a picture in the next entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment