Saturday, May 25, 2013

Gimme a Grape Big Kiss

Hmm, I wrote most of an entry and managed to lose it. I hate it when that happens.

I am now wearing Gimme a Grape Big Kiss, which is one of the two scented Color Clubs from the "Wicked Sweet" collection that I got from Llarowe. I was seriously worried for a while that the scent was going to be a problem, because it made me cough while I was putting it on, but once it dried and I put top coat on, the scent died down to a tolerable level. You can still smell it, but only if you put your nose right up to it. Which is how it should be, as far as I'm concerned. Otherwise it would be totally obnoxious. The very faint grape candy scent is pleasant, though, and I am totally in love with the color, which is not actually grape (as I think I said in the last entry) but rather a red-violet. It's quite sheer, and took four coats to get it really opaque, but it was totally worth it.

I bought 2 new nail related things on two different shopping expeditions in the last few days:
  1. A couple of fliptop Sterilite storage containers from Wal-Mart for 96 cents each - they are what I think of as a half-shoebox size - tall and squarish, perfect for nail polish. I put all my purples in one and all my blues and greens in another. That left enough room in the shoebox sized box that I was using before to put all the reds and pinks there in with space left over.
  2. A color called Pink Sizzle by L.A. Colors from Family Dollar, which actually cost a dollar. I don't have any L.A. Colors, and I figured it was time to try one out. Pink Sizzle is a dark pink that has a sort of rosy tinge to it, it looked a bit different.
Yeah, yeah, I know, it's not the most interesting shopping in the world, but it's what I got.

(And I'm just going to post this before I manage to lose it again.)


No comments:

Post a Comment