Sunday, July 14, 2013

Bright green and textured purple

(Saturday night)
Interestingly, I got a ton of compliments on the Cutie Colada/Ipanema Girl combo today - FAR more than I got on Ipanema Girl alone. I like it better, too, but I don't always think that translates to what other people like.

There is the cutest little old lady - and I mean that literally, she's a tiny thing - who has always come in where I worked and always stopped and asked me what I was wearing on my nails that day and admired it, whatever it was. She hasn't been around as much lately, but she was in not long ago and we discussed nail polish, and then today she called on the phone (asking about something else), and after a minute she said, "Well, what have you got on your nails today?" and I said bright green, and she said, "I'm sorry I can't be there to see it, I'll just have to imagine it." Aw.


(Sunday night)
The green was chipping, so I think I'm about to go back to purple - the texture, Julie G Crushed Candy. At least that's the plan. Up until it actually goes on my nails, my plans are usually subject to change. But I've gotten as far as getting the bottle out, so it's a fairly definite plan.

Yuck, I just put CSM base coat on and it's all goopy, I got a full coat on but then I threw the bottle away, clearly it's at the end of its useful life. It's pretty good basecoat, though, although not that cheap so at that price point there's a number of equally good competitors, I think.

Also, I went to Walmart earlier (I am trying to remember to leave the hyphen out of their name since they don't use it themselves any more) and managed not to buy any polish, assuming that by polish you mean the kind with coloring in it. I did leave with a bottle of Seche Vite, though - my first. (Come to think of it, I left that out of the entry yesterday where I was talking about major brands I'd never bought.) When I said I was going on no-buy, though, I specifically (at least in my own head) made an exception for base coat and top coat and other such "maintenance" type items. It was color polish I was thinking of. I need base coat more than I really need top coat, though, I should've bought that instead. Although I do still have an almost-full bottle of Sinful Color base coat.

Also - speaking of should have's - I should have taken a picture of the green nail polish before I took it off. Too late now, though. I was too interested in the other things I bought at Walmart - strawberries and pizza - and wasn't really thinking about my nails. For once.

(Added on Monday)
Crushed Candy is sort of a lilac, I guess, or violet - I never know what to call pale purples - and it looks pinkish in some lights, and sometimes almost bronze. It's nice, in any case. The texture was bugging me, though, so I decided to put top coat on it. I didn't want to waste my new bottle of Seche Vite pouring it into a texture, so I used that NYC clear polish that I got lately - three coats of it, in the end, and you can still feel some texture. Oddly, it doesn't look that much different.

No comments:

Post a Comment