Friday, July 19, 2013

Two blues

I love it when people get all technical about nails: The Lacquerologist Tells All: Eponychium and Nail Plate Health and Care

Well, when last heard from I was wearing Julie G Blueberry Fizz, and I wore that for a couple of days. Here it is from yesterday with a bit of not-terribly-noticeable tipwear:
It probably really doesn't read as blue as what you're seeing there, but it doesn't read as completely silver as I initially thought, either - it's somewhere in the middle. A very icy blue, I'd call it.


I didn't get home until really late last night, but by then it was looking much more chipped, and so I took that off and put cuticle oil on, and left my nails bare overnight, hoping it'd have extra time to soak in since I've been changing nail polish so much lately and it's bound to be a little harder on my nails. And then this morning I put on two coats of Cabo Cruise, and topped that off with the blue Cocktail Colour, which is named Apple Berry Smoothie. (I don't think of apple-berry smoothies as being something that would be bright blue, but whatever. Actually it reminds me of those blues they use in blueberry-flavored candy, a bit. Like SweetTarts and stuff like that.) I wasn't sure how opaque the Cocktail Colours were so I figured I should have something underneath.

Here's a really bad picture:
It's out of focus, and I would try to take a better one, but the color is misleading, anyway, and I suspect that's the light, so I figure it wouldn't really be too much of an improvement. It's not really this blue - maybe the light in here shifts things blue, because both of these pictures were taken in the same spot. It's a bit brighter and a bit greener (but not much) - it basically looks like a cyan-blue foil. That's the good part. The bad thing is that it didn't want to dry, and it's a big mess because of that. I don't know if that's something to do with all the layers, or our general humidity - which is even higher than normal, right now - or what. So I will probably have something new at some point this weekend. But I do really like this a lot, in any case.

No comments:

Post a Comment