Thursday, July 25, 2013

In which I find an excellent bargain

I placed a Nordstrom's order that includes a nail polish; however, the nail polish is incidental to what I ordered so I decided this is not breaking my no-buy vow. Besides, it won't be shipped until after the end of the month, which is when I decided the absolute no-buy period ends. Yeah, I know, I'm grasping at straws, but I don't care. I am a sucker for a good deal, and this was a really good one, relative to the normal prices for Butter London - which is, according to BL's website, $19 each for the top and base coats. For that matter, Nordstrom's also has a set of the two alone for $25, which is also a really good deal, if the other one wasn't better. They all say 0.6 oz, which is normal size as I understand it! I looked because I keep wondering what the catch is. (The remover in the first set is a purse-size, but everything else seems to be normal size.) So anyway, I'm looking on the regular nail polish as being essentially a freebie, along with the nail care items which I have previously established are not included in the no-buy. And it is a pretty color (it's Thames, if you didn't follow the link and want to know). It looks rather like a foil version of Henley Regatta, really, but that's a good thing. I feel like I am totally awash in blue-greens these days, but I keep wearing them - and goodness knows, compared to, say, purples or pinks, I have an extremely small number of them. (Added: I notice looking again today that Nordstrom's page in fact calls Thames an emerald green rather than a blue-green at all. It's meant to be a color-of-the-year thing, apparently.)

Today's mani is Essence Break Through, which is a very nice red-violet. (Here are swatches from Polish Me Please - as usual, I may get a picture of my own but that won't be until later.) It's very thin but it went on well and was opaque in three coats. And I've had it on for 24 hours and it's holding up well so far.

P.S. I almost forgot to credit Polish Insomniac for pointing me towards the Nordstrom's deal in the first place. She posted a slightly different version of it two weeks ago (all the same stuff plus another polish of your choice for $36), and I didn't see that post at the time, but when I went to the Nordstrom's site today I found the one I posted instead. I would have been fine with either version!

No comments:

Post a Comment