Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Valentines NOTD: Dream Dust over Wishbone

Better than a Valentine, for me: pitchers and catchers report to Spring Training today!
(Sorry, couldn't resist. If I feel I MUST put in an Astros gif after this I promise to at least put it at the bottom.)

(And just for the record, I assume I'll get a gift of some sort later on - possibly nail polish. We agreed a couple of years ago to ban flowers for V-day. Is that un-American? It almost seems like it.)

I decided late Monday night - I'm not entirely sure why - that this was a good day to try out Wishbone. I think partly because it wasn't Valentine's Day yet and I didn't want to do a Mardi Gras mani just for one day. So here is that:
This is just one coat. It looks really ridgy here but it didn't show up that much in real life. Every time I wear something like this I remind myself that I need to put a ridge-filler underneath - but on the other hand I never really intended to wear it by itself. I knew that there was approximately a 99.5% chance that I would not wear this without a layer of something else other than Seche Vite. I liked it more than I thought I would, really, but still, I considered wearing it alone for about 30 seconds before I started contemplating what shiny thing to put on top of it. This is probably one of the most flattering nudes I've ever found on me, but nudes are just not my thing.

So I added one of the Sparkle Like A Unicorn polishes from Nails Inc - this one is Dream Dust.
It looks pink or gold depending on how the light hits it. I made kind of a mess of getting it on, because I was in a hurry, but it's pretty.


No comments:

Post a Comment