Saturday, February 24, 2018

EmpoweRED

This is Rococo EmpoweRED:
I bought this, oh, several years ago now - my spreadsheet says 2014 - and once I knew what year to look at I found the haul entry almost immediately, because I knew it was from a bunch of stuff I bought from a 50%-off after-Christmas sale from Space.NK. This was a duo, and the other piece of it was a "toner" that was supposed to darken it. It did darken it some, four years ago, but not all that much. But I knew when I bought this that it was an experiment. I don't know anything about how it was supposed to work, technically speaking, but whatever it used to do, when I tried it again the other day, I couldn't tell that it was doing anything at all, now. (Maybe it lost potency, or something? I don't know.) So while I still have the toner, I'm giving up on trying to get it to do anything (mostly I'm just keeping it because it's a set, you know?) and I just swatched the EmpoweRED polish itself. And on that basis, it's pretty, but it's very basic-red-cream. I thought in some lights that it was slightly orange-leaning, and then here it looks like it could be slightly blue-leaning. So probably in reality it's just neutral, meaning it doesn't especially lean either way.

(I found this entry where I talk about this polish - you have to scroll down a way - and I was annoyed that I couldn't see anything the toner do anything in the swatches back then, too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment