Friday, February 9, 2018

NOTD: Leia over Maki Me Happy

I tried out Maki Me Happy and I wasn't in love with it. It comes out looking dark red and while that's okay, two coats of it weren't fully opaque at all. I just didn't have time to do a third coat and so I slapped Seche Vite on it and wore it one full day as it was. I doubt that anybody else noticed that it wasn't perfect. It was pretty, and every once in a while when the light hit it just right I kind of went, "ooh." But I didn't see that often. (It was a very gloomy day. Maybe some sun would have helped.)

So last night I went, "What can I do to improve this?" and eventually I added a coat of Zoya Leia to it. Here's a picture, although it doesn't come close to doing it justice:
Leia turns Maki Me Happy into a really dark, shimmery berry/fuchsia color. Unfortunately my iPhone completely didn't pick up how pretty it was. (I think what's happening here is you're seeing more of Maki Me Happy and less of Leia, due to some quirk of the light.)

No comments:

Post a Comment