Friday, July 5, 2019

Tarte "make your own kit" deal

I don't remember if Tarte officially calls this "make your own kit" or not, but I've seen somebody call it that, at least. If you get e-mails from Tarte or anything you probably know about this already, but I first heard about this thing a couple of years ago, I think - it's a deal that pops up on Tarte's website once in a while - like two or three times a year, maybe, and only for a couple of days at a time. And I've been meaning to try it when I saw it again. I kept missing it for a long time, but this time I did finally see it in time, so I have this little haul of goodies:
It's seven items for $63, but you can't just pick out any seven items from their website. Instead, there are seven categories and you pick one item from each - the foundation is $39 by itself, so they're not about to sell you seven bottles of that for $63, right? You only get one foundation, one lip, one eyeshadow, etc. I wanted to try their foundation and I've had sample sizes of their blush, but I've never had it in a color I like - so those two things are what I really wanted to try, and the blush is $29 so those two things are worth the price of this alone (and shipping was free, too). All this other stuff was just a bonus, for me. But I like the bag and I like the lipliner and the eyeshadow is a pretty silver, and I also like this little "Blot Party" thing which is a translucent powder and a brush and also has a pack of blotting tissues in it that fit underneath the brush. (I've been keeping that in the tote bag that I keep in the car and haul with me into work every day.) Oh, and the white thing in the picture above is a mascara primer, which I wanted to try, even though I don't normally wear mascara.

The foundation is the Shape Tape Hydrating formula one. There were other choices - that was just the one I was most interested in. Now that I've tried it, the only thing I don't like about it is that it has one of those doe-foot applicators and I don't like those, for foundation. I tried one Physician's Formula foundation that had that and I didn't like it then either. But I guess I can work around that, right? (I'm fine with doe-foots - doe-feet? - for lips and eyeshadows and concealer, but for foundation it makes it tedious to apply, to me. It doesn't give you enough of it, I guess!)

Blot Party:

I don't have the color information in front of me for the lip and cheek products - looking at the website I think the blush color was Blushing Bride and the lip liner (they call it "lip crayon") is On Fleek. I was going to get a lipstick instead of a lip liner, but they ran out of the color I wanted. But then Sephora had some of the Tarte lipsticks on their "Weekly Wow" sale for half price so I bought the lipstick there, and I ended up with both.

Anyway, I do think this Tarte special is a good buy if you like Tarte products - which most people seem to! They are not cheap, even marked down, but the quality seems to be very good.


No comments:

Post a Comment