Thursday, June 27, 2019

Boxyluxe

I told Rob back in April that I had bought "kind of an expensive thing" that I was thinking would be my main birthday present. He didn't even ask what I meant at the time, but I've been showing him as it all arrived - it was a whole quarter (i.e., 3 months) of Boxycharm that I was referring to, with two add-ons, one for the skincare box and one for the Boxyluxe box. He actually thinks Boxycharm is pretty cool, as much as he ever has an opinion on this kind of thing, because you always get a lot for your money. I spent, what, well over $100 total, but I got a ton of stuff, much of which I will use for myself but the rest of which will become gifts later on. The regular boxes are always worth $100 or more retail, the skincare box was over $250, and the Boxyluxe box here was over $350 total. So that's a total of, wow, more than $800 worth of stuff, theoretically. (I say "theoretically" because I know MSRP is not always what things actually sell for. Still, it's a good deal, however you look at it.)

I've already shown the April and May boxes and the skincare box. The Boxyluxe box is only once a quarter, and it's mostly the same items that are in the regular box (June, in this case) plus several more added on - mine had nine items total.

Here's what was in the Boxyluxe box:
plus some more:

I don't seem to have gotten a picture of the hairdryer which is what's in that bag that says "PYT" - but it's small and really light, which I think increases the chance that I will actually use it. (picture here) The only hair dryer I own is big and old and I never bother to pull it out. So that was the thing I was most excited about. But I'll use a lot of this stuff, especially the Farmacy serum.

This set is called "Getaway" and here's what's in mine (I looked at several people's videos and theirs were more or less the same - you got a choice of several Tarte items, and there was one other item  that was different for some people):
  • Tarte Pro Glow 3 cheek palette (which I think may be a Boxycharm exclusive) - $45 (inside picture here)
  • Touch In Sol No Poreblem Prime Essense - $23
  • Dominique Cosmetics Lemonade Lipgloss - $17
  • PYT mini turbo hair dryer - $85 (seems to come in a variety of summery colors - mine is coral)
  • Dr Brandt Clean Biotic yogurt cleanser - $35
  • Farmacy Honeymoon Glow AHA resurfacing night serum - $58
  • Living Proof Full Dry Volume Blast - $29
  • Trestique Good Vibes mascara - $25
  • Skin & Co Truffle Therapy Radiant Dew Mist - $35

(I have some more - unrelated - Tarte stuff which I bought directly from them. I'll try to get that up this week soon, too.)

Here's Boxycharm's own video about this:
(I didn't even know these videos existed, this is my first time seeing one.)

I actually watched several "unboxing" videos and I'm not going to link to all of them. (I tend to do my video-watching very late at night, so I'm not even sure I could find them all again.) I know that some were more enthusiastic about this box than others. At least one person was all, I have hairdryers, what do I need a tiny $85 hairdryer for? Anyway, Kathleen Lights is usually my default makeup expert whose videos I link to most often, but I don't see a Boxyluxe video from her. Either she only got the regular box or she took the other one down for some reason, I'm not sure which. So instead here's Alexandria, showing both this and Ipsy's upgrade box and comparing the two.


No comments:

Post a Comment