Tuesday, January 21, 2020

China Glaze holiday polishes

I got hold of a few of these from Polish Pick really early, and I thought, oh, I can post these and be ahead of the crowd for once, and well, somehow that didn't happen.


China Glaze's holiday collection was a second Sesame Street collection (after You Do Hue, last summer). The picture above was about all I had when I picked my colors but I did pretty well, I feel like.

I showed one of these in my favorites post yesterday but here's the swatch of it that I did - this is Since 1969:

Next up is Fa-la-ah-ah-ah!
I liked this a lot but it's really sheer. I could still see enough nail-line to bug me a little bit at three coats. I might try it with some very neutral base the next time.

I haven't worn this one yet - it's Gift Fur You:
Note that there are swatches of it on both sides of Fa-la-ah-ah-ah - above it's by itself, and below it's over black. It gets fairly opaque on its own so it's personal preference on this one, I'd say.

The last one I bought from this collection was #thisismystreet:
There's two swatches here, too, but I managed to get them next to each other this time. I don't really feel like this one works too well on its own, but I haven't gotten around to trying it yet.


2 comments:

  1. These are nice, I really like Fa-la-ah-ah-ah! Sheer or not, it is gorgeous :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had it on my favorites list until right at the end. I think if I had put a pale base under it, it'd have stayed. I usually don't mind things being sheer, either, but this one bugged me a little.

      Delete