Monday, November 18, 2013

Nail wheel - fall colors edition

This is oranges and browns and some metallics - at least one (RIP) is a repeat that was also on the metallic wheel way back. A couple more of those are also fairly fall-ish colors and could have gone here, but I think with that one exception I didn't repeat anything. (I had several spaces on this, originally, but filled all but that one up by the time I took the picture.)

I have pictures, but they are on the iPhone and not too great, sorry. I may re-take them on the Canon later, if I get a chance, but I sort of wanted to get the fall colors wheel up before Thanksgiving!
  1. Sugar Rush
  2. Hot Cinnamon (red, technically, but I keep wanting to read it as orangeish)
  3. Sangria (ditto, really, an orange-leaning red)
  4. Retro Red (matte - and this one is called red but reads very red-orange)
  5. unnamed orange
  6. Crushed
  7. Times Square Tangerine Creme
  8. Seared Bronze over Times Square Tangerine
  9. I Knead Sour-Dough
  10. Kaufda
  11. Cougar Attack
  12. Pumpkin Spice (which was an LE color from 2011, I think)
  13. Cinna-man Of My Dreams *
  14. R.I.P.
  15. Flagstone Rush
  16. Seared Bronze
  17. Decades of Shades
  18. Rich In Heart
  19. Forbidden Fudge
  20. -
* Is "Cinna-man Of My Dreams" supposed to be a Hunger Games joke, do you think? I didn't think of it until all the Catching Fire publicity started lately, but now I'm wondering. Anyway, I have now worn Cinna-man of My Dreams twice - I like it a lot. It looks kind of dull in some lights but it's got some colors of shimmer in there that flash in various lights. It's more interesting than it sometimes seems.

As I have said before and is pretty obvious, I don't have a lot of these colors - except coppers, which I keep collecting lately. Oranges are not especially flattering on me, which is why most of my oranges are red-oranges. I can wear browns if they're neutral ones, but I don't have many of those, either.

Here's numbers 1 through 5:
These all look redder in this picture than they really are, but the middle three of these really are technically reds, as I noted above. But they all have looked pretty orange-leaning to me in various lights at one time or another.

6 through 10:
Now number 8 is not Seared Bronze by itself - that's further down. This is Seared Bronze over the NYC tangerine, next to it. Seared Bronze by itself is further around the wheel. I wore number 9, the OPI from the San Francisco collection, over the weekend with NYC matte topcoat on it, which didn't really make it look matte, just sort of satiny.

11 through 15:
These are the metallic ones. The first three (in the picture, 13 and 14 are flipped from the wheel) are all discontinued, I believe - Cougar Attack, Pumpkin Spice, and R.I.P. - and 15 (Flagstone Rush) is one of those colors that I really like but that nobody seems pay much attention to.

16 through 19:
(At least you can distinguish the browns better here than the picture at the top. They're really all quite different.)

No comments:

Post a Comment