Sunday, November 3, 2013

Nail wheel weekend - Reds

Here are the reds (finally), and next up is the fall colors - oranges and browns, which only take up one wheel because I don't have that many of them. I did them next (once my new set of nail wheels came, red was the last of the old set and I am starting in on my second package of 10) because they are seasonally appropriate. However, since I have been going in color-order all along, I have now messed that up and am going to have to go back and pick up what I have skipped, which was pale pinks, and burgundies. After that all I have left is black/white/gray, and some top coats and other stray things, I think. (As I noted before, I have NO yellows whatsoever. Only a few metallic golds, and I have already shown those. Other than that the yellow portion of the nail wheel is quite blank.)

Aaand once again I have no pictures of the whole wheel. Here is half of it, though, and polishes 1-5
  1. Jolly Lolly (which is a jelly)
  2. RBL Chinoise
  3. Challenge Red-y
  4. Sooki
  5. Bet On Red
Bet on Red is darker than the rest, I think. mostly this bunch is the bright-bright reds. Sooki is described as a cherry red. Bet on Red goes with some of the slightly-darker red shimmers you will see momentarily.


Well, this is actually 6-10, but I can't convince the automatic numbering of that. It wants to start over at 1.
  1. Razzmatazz
  2. Karina
  3. Unbreakable Heart
  4. An Affair in Red Square
  5. Knees Up
Then we get to the darker (and sometimes slightly pinker) reds, which are 11-15 on the wheel but which are going to get renumbered again by the autonumbering system.
  1. Riley
  2. Blaze
  3. Echarpe de Seda
  4. Blackberry
  5. Sephora No. 8 (mini)
Echarpe de Seda is a holo, and so is Blaze. Riley is a raspberry that walks the pink-red line (and so does Blaze, again.) I had almost forgotten about the little Sephora-brand mini, but it's a pretty color. I talked about Blackberry here (and I really need to read back more often, because I had already forgotten about how much I liked that one!)

And one last set (undoubtedly to be numbered 1-5 again, but in fact numbered 16-20 on the wheel:
  1. Stop (mini)
  2. Red Carpet
  3. Voodoo
  4. Delilah
  5. Bad Santa (mini)
Stop is a straight-up red creme, as you might guess. All the rest of these are shimmers and glitters. I've worn all of those a lot at one time or another.

If you go back and count the wheels I have previously posted, I believe you will find that this is the 9th one. The 10th one is designated as overflow, for things I've bought since I started this, primarily, and already is about a third full. I will get around to showing that one eventually, too. I've been numbering them on Evernote where I house the lists of what's on each one, and I went back and numbered the wheels themselves, although for most of the older ones I did that after the pictures were taken. From here on out you'll see numbering on them, most likely, though - just consecutive numbering, I'm not going to try for any kind of fancy number-letter scheme that would indicate the colors, although I was tempted to!

ADDED: I started writing this back a week or more ago, and I suspect from the rambliness of a couple of these paragraphs that I wrote it late at night, but I left them alone. Also, here are a couple of links related to red polish:
Here's the stash post from April - reds & silvers, to be exact
Some swatching of reds, from my 4th-of-July manicure
About Knees Up

No comments:

Post a Comment