Sunday, August 25, 2013

Knees Up!

(Saturday)
I know I mentioned in the last post that I had put on Domestic Goddess (which is red-violet), but I don't think I got around to saying that I had put a coat of Daul over it, because that's what I do with cremes nowadays. (I put something on top of it, that is.) I thought it was going to look slightly odd, because they don't appear to be the same shade of purple at all, but it looks fine. It looks good, in fact. Although then I happened to look at Zoya's description of Daul and it says it has a red-violet base - which I wouldn't have guessed at ALL. Oh well, lesson learned anyway - Daul looks as good over red-violets as it does over more neutral purples.

So far that's holding up very well, so I may not change it for the party tonight. I guess I'll go wash my hair and see how it looks after that!

(Later)
Okay, the party manicure is Knees Up, three coats. It was opaque in two but, I don't know, I thought the third one added some depth. BL Nail Foundation and Hardwear, too, of course. It's all red and shiny and gorgeous! Just like somebody somewhere said about it, it's like red foil wrapping paper. I couldn't stop looking at it.

(I could've patched up Daul/Domestic Goddess, it had some wear that was pretty minor, but I decided I wanted to be more flashy. And I ended up wearing a black and white shirt so the red looked great with that.)

(Sunday)
Here's the shininess that is Knees Up:
It still looks pretty good wear-wise, but did I manage to mar the finish up a bit, so I'll probably do something new tonight or tomorrow since I have all these new polishes to try out!

No comments:

Post a Comment