Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Fairy Dust II

I'm wearing sort of a jelly sandwich - or, well, a sandwich, anyway. The "bread" of the sandwich, so to speak, is Zoya Juicy*, which I was talking about in the last entry because it was one of the first Zoyas I ever bought. It's a sheer, but it's not technically a jelly or even a crelly, as far as I know. (I know a crelly is a cross between a creme and a jelly, but I'm not sure I'd know one if I saw one, quite frankly.) In any case, it's a dark pink, and it's quite sheer - I put on 4 coats and still had plenty of visible nail line. That doesn't particularly bother me, but I guess I was in experimentation mode again, and this morning I added a fairly light coat of Khroma Fairy Dust (not the e.l.f. Fairy Dust that I was wearing the other day) and then put another coat of Juicy on top of that. It came out quite nice. It really looks more red than pink by the time you get that many coats on.

Really terrible picture:
You can't really tell much here, I know. This was the picture with flash, which I don't usually use in my bedroom. But the one without flash was even worse. You can tell that it's reddish and sort of glittery. Really the glitter shows through quite well, though. (And in some lights it looks much pinker than I initially thought - sort of a strawberry color!)


*That link is Scrangie's review from 2008, in which she complains about it being sheer and streaky. I didn't have any problems with streakiness at all, though, for the record. The VBL was pretty much gone, too, by the time I got the glitter and the 5th coat on!

No comments:

Post a Comment