Sunday, August 11, 2013

Assorted purchases, and more green polish

I should note first that I posted an entry on Thursday about a mani that included Jesse's Girl Glee, and never linked it on Twitter like I usually do, so some of you probably missed it. That's here, if you're interested.

(Saturday)
Last night I put on the Pretty Serious polish that I got at Llarowe, Party by the Pool. And it's gorgeous. Now it's a jelly, and it has the usual jelly problems - it's streaky, it's really hard to apply evenly, it takes forever to dry, etc. And it took 4 coats to get it the way I wanted it to look, but it's worth it. (I've already managed to mess it up, so there probably won't be a picture. Plus it's been cloudy all weekend so my usual natural-light pictures would be even worse than usual.)

The Lacquerologist (who is a professional nail tech) has a good piece about Vinylux, which is something I've been wondering a bit about. I might have to try out a color or two at some point. It seems like a good compromise between regular nail polish and gel.

I looked at Incoco's website the other day because somebody (Karen?) linked to it - that might've been on Twitter, actually, rather than on her blog - and now it's the ad on practically every website I look at. They do have some pretty designs, I gotta admit, but I just have not given in to the nail sticker thing yet. I can buy a whole bottle of nail polish for that price, and get far more than just one or two manicures out of it.

(new mani and some stash additions after the jump)


(Sunday night)
I got the bright idea of trying Essie Crocadilly again, which is the magnetic that didn't magnetize so well the first time I tried it - and this time trying it with a different magnet. (The story about what happened is here and there's a picture here.) So this time I used the magnet that came with Is That Silva? and which worked perfectly well the first time I tried it - and well, it didn't work so well with Crocadilly, either. Which I guess means that it's the polish that's the problem, and maybe not the magnet at all. (Or it could be both. I guess I should try that magnet with another polish, eventually, and then I could be more sure of the answer to that.) It worked perfectly well on a few nails and not at all with most of the rest, just like what happened the first time. Anyway, I just decided to leave the few that worked like they are and call them accent nails. I do like the color, which is a nice muted crocodile green, with or without the magnet pattern, so that's fine.

Well, I only have a couple of new polishes, but I do have some other new nail-related things so I thought I would post a picture. Or more than one picture, actually.

Some of this stuff I've talked about ad nauseum already (the Butter London set, in particular) but I don't think I talked about the stuff that I bought from Amazon - I had a rather large credit built up, and I had been wanting some nail tools and so forth, so I figured that was a good way to get it, since it wouldn't actually cost me anything that way, not even shipping if I worked it right. And I found this nice set from Bundle Monster that had dotting tools and regular tools, more than I will probably ever use but it will be fun to play with:



And then I also got some other things that are in the picture below - a stamper (which I haven't even taken out of the package still) and a bottle of Orly Bonder, plus a bottle of Seche Restore which was backordered and still hasn't come.
The other thing on the top row above is just the box the BL stuff came in, and its contents are mostly in the row below that - the nail file, the travel bottle of remover, and the basecoat and topcoat, plus the bottle of Thames which you can see below those. The other polish is L'Oreal Jolly Lolly, which I know I've talked about previously. The little packets down at the bottom are the samples that I got from Nordstrom's along with the BL set.

2 comments:

  1. Funny that you're getting Incoco ads everywhere--I have the same thing going on with Nordstrom because I had a credit there and grabbed some Essie and Estee Lauder (more than my credit was, actually). And I just realized I forgot to eBates--ooops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, after I bought the BL stuff from Nordstrom I got their ads for a while. And before that it was e.l.f., because I had looked at their website, although I didn't buy anything. I think it's just whatever e-commerce website you've been visiting, for the most part.

      Delete