Saturday, August 17, 2013

Bargaining with myself (badly)

(Thursday)
It's not very clear from my previous post, but I think I put the Colorstay on late Monday night, and wore it all day Tuesday and then put Daul on top of it Tuesday night. And I haven't had to touch it since then - all day Wednesday and Thursday - and tipwear is still quite minimal, so that's very good by my standards. I'll evaluate tonight and decide whether to try to keep it another day.

I did buy a couple of nail polishes but I made it to the middle of the month so that's not too bad. I bought two polishes at Walmart - I had said I could buy one thing, but since the one thing could have been one expensive polish that would have cost much more than the two I got were together, I think that's okay. I just tweeted that perhaps my next deal with myself will be that if I don't buy anything (much) else for the rest of the month I can try to buy something from KBShimmer's fall line when they come out on September 1st. There's several things there that I'd love to have. (Added later: ...but see below for more on that.)

What I bought was Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Royal Invite, a purple shimmer, and Hard Candy Crush on Lava, which is sort of similar to Bad Fairy/SH Lava, although I don't think it's a true dupe for either. (At least, I read a review somewhere that said so, although I've lost the link to that. I'll look for that later and I might get a picture later, also.) But anyway, it's a cool glittery duochrome thing that looks really beautiful in the bottle. I'm excited to try it. It's also the first time I've tried new-formula Hard Candy - all the ones I have are several years old, from before they started being sold at Walmart. Actually I think they may have gone through a couple of rounds of changes since I last bought any, because I know I looked at them at Walmart a year or more ago and they looked completely different then from what they look like now. But anyway, that's all water under the bridge at this point!

The part where I buy a bunch of stuff is lurking under the jump.



(Saturday)
The last two days I've had on a new set of purple layers - SC I Love You, a purple glitter, over Ulta Celebutante, a purple creme. It's quite lovely but it keeps wanting to chip a bit. (My usual disclaimer applies here - I have bad nail habits and fingernails that are inclined to peel at the best of times, so the fact that things chip quickly shouldn't necessarily be held against the nail polish companies.) So I imagine I'll have something new on before I go to bed. I have no idea what that's going to be.

And, so much for bargaining with myself. I caved in a big way, but I can't say I truly feel very bad about it at the moment. I said Sephora might be my downfall if I was foolish enough to go there, and, well, I didn't even set foot in the place and it got me anyway, because I made the mistake of looking at the website. I don't know how long this deal will last, but right now, anyway, they have Sephora by OPI for $4.50 each and 3/$10. So I bought a bunch. I'm not even going to try to tell you what they are right now, I'll worry about that when they get here. But I don't think I'm going to be buying any KBShimmers! (I usually am not obsessive enough to sit around and wait for things like that to be posted, anyway, so it's probably moot.) Um, also, I might have added an Illamasqua set that was on sale in order to get free shipping. Yeah, I'm kind of hopeless. But 3/$10 for a polish that's normally, what, $9? is an incredible deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment