Sunday, November 3, 2013

Blogiversary/recent manis

Yesterday was the one-year anniversary of this nail blog. (Technically, the blog existed before that, but it was just sitting there unused for nails or anything else, so I don't count that.) I can't believe that I kept it up as well as I have, really. I did slightly over 120 posts in the past year, which is pretty good - I never intended it to be something I'd update daily. And I have some readers! Maybe my goal for my second year should be to get somebody besides Karen to comment occasionally (hint). Although that would really be a goal for you guys, wouldn't it? I guess my goal for myself should be to keep up the same kind of twice-a-week-ish pace with the updating (and finish the rest of those nail wheels), and to maybe go out and comment more on other peoples' blogs. I read quite a lot of nail blogs off and on, but don't comment near as much as I read. (I'm a fairly regular commenter on Karen's blog, and on Miss Holly's. For some reason, I don't have as much to say most other places.)

This is what I'm wearing now (which is #4 below):


So here's what I've been wearing lately (this is 4 different manis, in chronological order, in case that's not clear):
  1. Walker Bait, from Dollish Polish, which I mentioned in the last entry. It's an olive holo.
  2. Seared Bronze, from the Hunger Games Glosstinis, over Orly Retro Red. I didn't really care much for this combination, so I wouldn't recommend trying it. The Glosstini bottles are so small that I think I felt like I should put it over something to make it go further, but red-orange was apparently not the right choice.
  3. My Halloween manicure (which nobody but Rob saw because I stayed home sick all day) was Dollish Deadly Nightshade over Leaf Him at the Altar. This is a combination I wouldn't have thought of if I hadn't seen something similar on somebody's blog - it was entirely different polishes that I saw and I don't know where that was, but it was a similar idea, a chunky purple-leaning glitter over green. It worked out better than I would have guessed. (I'm pretty sure I have a picture of this, but I don't know where it is right now. If I find it I'll post it later.)
  4. and the current one - pictured above - which I thought wasn't going to work out either but did in the end. It was one of those things where I didn't really end up doing what I started out to do at all. I started with another Glosstini (non-Hunger-Games related), Sangria, which is another red-orange. Then I put Cougar Attack over that, and I was intending to stop there. When you think about it, this is a pretty similar concept to Seared-Bronze-over-Retro-Red, and I'm not sure why I thought this would work any better. And sure enough I didn't like it that much. However, I got the idea at some point to put Zoya Kaufda, which is a very coppery  - but not metallic - orange, on top of it all, and that worked much better. Kaufda is no jelly, but enough of the sparkly came through that it looks really cute. (Hmm, I wonder what it would look like over something like Traffic Stopper Copper, which is even sparklier.)

No comments:

Post a Comment