Thursday, November 26, 2015

NOTD: Alpha Nail over Windsor Mews

I have some Nailkale minis that I bought a while back and hadn't tried yet. Windsor Mews looked sort of interestingly neutral - it's a purplish neutral creme in the vein of Zoya Odette (which I have and never remember to wear, but I'll have to try & remember to compare them). Well, neutral creme, it looked alright but I was bored with that in an hour, so later on I added a coat of Bubblegum Punk. Then I wasn't especially crazy about the results of that, either - I think B'gum Punk is better over dark colors - so I decided to try a different topcoat, and I found my bottle of Alpha Nail and layered that on, and well, I won't say it's my favorite mani ever or anything, but it is much more interesting, for whatever reason:
I had to poke around to find it, but in this entry there's a bit of a comparison between the different "shimmery top-coat" polishes I own - it's the first picture, a ways down, and there's some discussion with it. I decided then that Alpha Nail definitely had a blue tinge, and I stand by that. I think you can see it in this picture a little bit, although not really strongly. I need to remember to try Alpha Nail again.

No comments:

Post a Comment