Sunday, November 15, 2015

Sally's purchases + Zoyas

I mentioned before - possibly a couple of times - that I was running out of Instant Artificials and I was hunting for another bottle. They've changed the packaging but it's still supposed to be available in stores, according to the website. I looked in one store and I made a trip out of my way to a different store only to get there after they'd closed. So I finally ordered it from the website. And then I ordered a bunch more stuff, too, because there was a sale and I figured, why not? (This is the kind of thinking that often lands me in trouble, as you might imagine.)

Here's the latest installment of new stuff, half of which came from Zoya's last promo and the other half from Sally's:
(There was more stuff in the big Sally's order than just nail polish, by the time I got done. But it's all scattered to hell & gone, and there's no way I'm ever going to get it all gathered back up again.)
I actually got four Zoya polishes, but one of them is Cinnamon which I've already shown more than once. These three are all 2014 releases, one from the fall collection (Autumn, naturally) and the other two from the holiday collection.

  • Autumn - which is much more orange than Cinnamon, although it's hard to tell here. It's from last fall's collection (was it Ignite?) with the "liquid metal" finish
  • Haven and Thea - Haven is a purple metallic, leaning toward the red-violet side. Thea is a pretty similar base color, looks like, but it's a Magical Pixie Dust, meaning it's full of mixed holo glitters. (I'm eyeing Nori, which is the blue one, but I figure I should see how I like Thea first. I've been iffy on holo glitters generally, in the past.)
And these came from Sally's:
  • Boys 'n' Berries (Nina Ultra Pro) - I mostly bought this one just because I'd never tried a Nina polish, and it was on sale and it looked like my kind of thing, a red-violet microglitter. I hope it's actually as bright as it looks like in the picture at that link, because that looks pretty awesome. Although it's apparently also very sheer, according to what that blogger said. (I swatched it on a nail wheel after I first wrote this and it is indeed super-sheer.)
  • Bling Tree (Sally Girl) - I have to admit that I halfway bought this for the blingy cap. But it's a red, green, and white glitter, which I don't actually have. (I have a couple of green-and-red variations, but not with white.)
  • Dorothy Who? (China Glaze) - I've been meaning to get this one for a while now; as I understand it, this is a re-release. It was originally released (along with Ruby Pumps) in the Wizard of Ooh Ahs collection in 2001. By the time the whole collection was re-released in 2009, China Glaze had lost the original formulas, so the new versions were created from people's hoarded bottles of polish and are not identical. (Read Michelle's post at the link above for more on this story.) But Dorothy Who? has joined Ruby Pumps in the permanent collection these days. (more swatches)
  • Aaaand that's my new-style Instant Artificials on the end. I've tried it and it seems to still be working fine - hopefully they didn't monkey around with the formula! (And I bought more than one bottle, so it'll be a while before I have to hunt it down again.)

No comments:

Post a Comment