Friday, December 8, 2017

Many, many samples

I got sidetracked by Pinterest or something last night and then got sleepy before I got around to doing an entry here. Oops. I need to go back to doing them ahead, obviously. I kind of ran low on pictures but I've got more now so I have no excuse.

This, though, is not a new picture, this is a months-old picture that for some reason I never got around to posting, I think because I felt like I had to list everything in the picture and I didn't wanna.
And, guess what, I'm not. I'm not sure I could, completely, now, because this is all scattered to hell and gone. But anyway, this is a lot of Sephora deluxe-type samples, including but not entirely composed of the sun protection set they do every summer. Some of this stuff I've been using and some my husband has been using (because he can't even go out the door without sunscreen and a hat, doctor's orders) and some is put away to go in my Christmas-gift sets.

A couple of things I would point out, though:
  • a thing here that I didn't much like: the Amore Pacific cushion stuff that everybody is so in love with. I think it's just me, you know? - I'm super-picky about the textures of things and I didn't like that one. I need to give it another try, though.
  • a thing here I loved loved loved: the Ren Evercalm Day Cream. I'm still using up the nice-sized tube over on the right above and I am going to be upset when it's empty - and it's getting close. Do I love it enough to pay $45 for a full-size one? I'm not quite sure. If Sephora would just have the small size for a 100-point bonus I would be a happy happy girl, though.


Also, to change the subject back to nails, I mentioned having a new polish and I had mentioned that I was getting an LE polish in the mail. I have both of them in front of me now, and I don't have swatches yet or anything but at least I can mention what they are:

The one I bought at H-E-B the other day was Miracle Gel Adrenaline Crush. It seems like sort of a bronze metallic, with maybe a hint of holo in it.

And the indie that was on presale was from the "Magicians' Trio" from LollypopLollipop Posse, which is a brand I was not familiar with before but am seriously into now. The one I got is ...And Further (which in The Magicians refers to Fillory and Further, the Narnia-like set of books about a magical kingdom. I put it right on top of the Carter mani that I was previously wearing, and it's quite beautiful. Lollipop Posse has HEDWIG-themed polishes, which just seems awesome to me. (Note that by that I mean "Hedwig and the Angry Inch" not Hedwig, Harry Potter's owl. Harry Potter polishes are everywhere in the indie world, but Hedwig-the-musical, not so much.) I think I am going to have to buy some of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment