Wednesday, December 13, 2017

NOTD: ...And Further (over Carter)

This is the polish I mentioned having on preorder, Lollipop Posse ...And Further, over Zoya Carter. I just slapped it on over what I was already wearing, and I really love it.
It's from a Magician's Trio set of polishes. In the books and series "The Magicians" there is a Narnia-like series of books-within-the-books, so to speak. Or, well, within the series if you're watching it instead of reading... Instead of Narnia, the world is called Fillory, and the series of books (which is not just fictional but exists only as a title and a description even within The Magicians) is called Fillory and Further. Thus the name of this polish.

Anyway, back to the polish itself - I swatched it on the wheel, and while it's purplish, it's not this dark of a purple - it was grayed-out and pretty sheer, at least on the first coat. So I'm pretty sure that what you see here is the purple base of Carter and the holo glitter mix of And Further. But it's lovely, and furthermore, when this picture was taken, I'd had it on for several days already. Very few things last that well on my nails, so I'm always entranced when I find something that does. (Although again, it's very probably something in the combination of the two polishes, not to mention all the base- and top-coats I was wearing along with them, that's responsible for the nice wear.) I'm still wearing this now, and it has one substantial chip and some tip-wear. But I put Carter on a week ago and slapped And Further on top of it four or five days ago. So that's awfully good however you slice it.

No comments:

Post a Comment