Thursday, December 14, 2017

NOTD: Kiko 497

I bought a bunch of Kiko polishes a year ago when they had their Black Friday sale (it was buy 3 get 3 free, and I noticed they had the same sale again this year) and I have to admit I haven't worn them much. It's not because I don't like the polishes - I think it's mostly been because I sorted my polish by brand, like six months or more ago, and the ones that were on the bottom of that pile are just now starting to re-emerge. (Kiko was one of those brands, and so were a lot of my indies.)

So I finally found some of the Kikos and I thought it was time that I tried a couple more of them. This one is #497 or "Pearly Indian Violet" and it's supposed to be a near-dupe for Chanel Taboo. I don't have Taboo so I don't know about that, but I do like it.
It's very dark and vampy, sort of like (the inevitable comparison) OPI Lincoln Park After Dark, and I didn't think about comparing those two directly until now, but I'm pretty sure LPAD reads more red than this one. I think the closest thing I have to this is another, less famous OPI, and that's Who Are You Wearing? It's more blue-leaning than LPAD, but it also seems more shimmery than the Kiko. If I can put my hands on all of these, I'll do another round of comparisons.

I can't resist trying out layering things, so I did a couple of nails with Orly Feel the Funk and mattified it. Since the Kiko is now starting to wear, I may patch it up and try some more layers.


No comments:

Post a Comment