Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Teal Of Fortune

This is WnW FastDry Teal of Fortune:
This was one of my favorite polishes, fairly early on in my nail polish obsession. It might have been the first Wet n Wild polish I ever bought, because for a long time I was very snobby about it and thought that no good polish could be that cheap. It's a lovely teal-ish color. I think it has a jelly base or it would probably be darker. (I think of teal as being slightly darker than this, but this is dark enough that I'm really just nitpicking in this case.)

My spreadsheet says I bought this at Walgreen's in 2011, although I'm fairly sure the spreadsheet itself is not that old so that means it was just an educated guess. That sounds about right, though. I'm pretty sure it cost 99 cents or maybe $1.99 at the most. Apparently (see here) the FastDry line is now defunct, but their WildShine polishes still retail for 99 cents, according to that page. Actually I happen to know, because I bought a backup bottle of Black Creme just the other day, that my grocery store (H-E-B, that is) sells WildShine for 93 cents. And they had a 25% off coupon going at the time, and my final cost was 70 cents. I bought some other polish, too, although I can't remember at the moment what it was, and the coupon also worked for the shampoo that I had gone in for in the first place. That's why I love H-E-B so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment